Our Lord gives us SPIRITUAL life that never ends. He gives us HIMSELF, who is life. He gives us HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS which entitles us to life. He gives us the EARNEST or pledge of life, which is His Spirit. This life is hid with Christ in God and is sure, certain, and secure.
1. What kind of HEAD is Christ if the body perish?
2. What kind of SHEPHERD is Christ if His sheep perish?
3. What kind of HUSBAND is Christ if He allows His bride to perish?
4. What kind of PRIEST is Christ if His atonement fails?
5. What kind of PHYSICIAN is Christ if the patient dies?
6. What kind of KING is Christ if He has no subjects?
JOSEPH HART wrote,
[Top of page]