"THAT THE MOUNTAINS MAY FLOW DOWN AT THY PRESENCE."
2. But they shall melt like wax, flow like water, and disappear at the coming of the King of kings. He will consume them in wrath (Isa. 63:3-4).
3. The wrath of God against all enemies is compared to "the melting fire" (that melts metal), to extreme heat "which makes water to boil." The fire of God described in II Kings 1:6-15 illustrates the fierceness of His wrath.
(Vs. 4) Here is a passage quoted by Paul, the apostle, in I Cor. 2:9. The fearful JUDGMENTS OF GOD against sin and the enemies of God are unheard of, unseen, and beyond the understanding of men. Even so, THE GLORIOUS, ETERNAL, UNSPEAKABLE BLESSING OF HIS GRACE IN CHRIST to those who love Him and wait for Him are neither heard by the outward ear, nor seen by the eye of flesh, nor understood by any son of Adam! These include:
2. The joy and fellowship of the church with Christ now (I Jn. 1:3).
3. The future glory and perfect holiness when we are conformed to His likeness (I Jn. 3:1-3).
(Vs. 5) This verse and the ones which follow flow from the heart of GOD'S PROPHET IN ISRAEL and from God's preachers in the church today; for the conditions which existed in Israel (who professed to be God's people) exist today! Some know the Lord, rejoice in Him, and long for His presence; but most in religion are strangers to grace and workers of iniquity (Matt. 7:22-23).
2. The Lord communes with those who "REMEMBER THEE IN THY WAYS." They remember Him in HIS WAYS OF GRACE AND MERCY (I Cor. 11:24 - His death for men). They remember Him and rejoice IN HIS WAYS OF PROVIDENCE (Rom. 8:28). "Known unto God are all His ways and works from the beginning" and we rejoice therein!
3. "THOU ART WROTH; WE HAVE SINNED." We sinned in Adam, by birth and choice, and yet do sin each day; but there is forgiveness with God and we shall be saved from all our sins in Christ (Heb. 10:14-17). There is "CONTINUANCE IN HIS WAYS" of grace and mercy. His love is everlasting and endures forever (Phil. 1:6).
(Vs. 7) This was true of most of Israel (Heb. 3:15-19) and is true today.
"THERE IS NONE THAT CALL UPON THY NAME, NONE THAT SEEK THY FACE" (Rom.3:9-12).
2. None stirreth himself to lay hold of Christ; as PAUL declared in Phil. 3:8-14; as JACOB who said, "I will not let thee go except thou bless me."
3. Because men will not call upon His name nor seek His face, the Lord has turned away, left them to themselves, and will consume them in His wrath (Rom. 1:19-24).
(Vs. 9) "BE NOT WROTH, NEITHER REMEMBER INIQUITY FOREVER." NOT TO REMEMBER SIN IS TO FORGIVE IT (Heb. 10:17). "WE ARE THY PEOPLE," not only by creation but by covenant. All whom God gave to Christ are His redeemed people (Deut. 7:6-8; I Pet. 2:9-10).
(Vs. 10-12) The cities of Judah and of David are in ruins, the temple is destroyed, Israel is a wilderness. Almost every remembrance of the true God is gone from Israel, and RELIGION TODAY is a wasteland without a true message! The question! "How long will the Lord be silent, hold His peace, and not plead His own cause and the cause of His people?"
[INDEX] [HOME PAGE] [TOP OF PAGE]