I - (Vs. 1-4) THE NATIONS ARE EXHORTED TO LISTEN TO GOD'S MESSIAH-PROPHET.
2. "THE FATHER HATH PUT HIS WORDS IN MY MOUTH LIKE A SHARP SWORD. " (Eph. 6:17; Heb. 4:12; Rev 1:16). The word of the Messiah is the living, quickening, saving words of God. The word of Christ is like a sharp, two-edged sword, so alive, so penetrating it reaches the most secret places, discerns the thoughts, and reveals the will and purpose of God (James 1-18; I Pet. 1:23).
3. "THOU ART MY SERVANT" (Isa. 42:1; Heb.10:7). "O Israel" is a name of Christ as the Head of the Israel of God. "In whom I WILL BE GLORIFIED." This is why Christ came, why He died, and why we are saved--"TO GLORIFY GOD" (Jn. 17:1-4; I Cor. 1:30-31; Eph. 1.3-6).
4. In Vs. 4 it appears that the Messiah-Prophet (like all of the prophets) complains that His message and ministry are in vain because the world knew Him not and Israel received Him not (Jn. 1-10-11; Matt. 23:37). "YET, SURELY" my work of justifying and judgment. is assigned by my Father, and so is my reward promised by Him (Jn. 6:37; Phil. 2:9-11; Isa. 53-10-11).
2. "TO BRING JACOB AGAIN TO HIM." Jacob is all of His chosen people, loved of God, the Israel of God from all nations (called the seed of Abraham in Gal. 3:7, 29). He will redeem all of them and bring them to God (I Pet. 3:18; in. 6:37-40; 10:27-29).
3. "THOUGH THE JEWS BE NOT GATHERED." Only a remnant shall be saved (Rom. 9:27; 11:1-5). "YET I AM GLORIFIED AND PLEASING IN THE EYES OF My FATHER" Matt. 3:17; Jn. 8:29).
4. "IT IS A LIGHT THING." To redeem anyone is a GREAT thing and can only be accomplished by the God-man, and that by His sovereign power--His perfect life and atoning death. But His Father has given Him more than the remnant of Israel; He has given Him the world of believers (Psa. 2:6-8; Rev. 7:9-10).
2. "IN AN ACCEPTABLE TIME...THE DAY OF SALVATION" is the fullness,of time,
when God was pleased to prepare for Him a body and send Him into this world to redeem His people (Gal. 4:4-5). The Father gave Him for a covenant of the people, that by Him all of His elect shall be fully saved. As the man sent to redeem, the Father HEARD Him, HELPED Him, PRESERVED Him, and ACCEPTED Him, and accepted all whom He represented-in Him (Eph. 1:3-7
When Israel left Egypt, Moses said, "There shall not a hoof be left behind in Egypt" (Exo.10:26). Just READ CAREFULLY these words in Verses 9-12 describing the full and glorious exodus of His church out of all bondage into the glorious kingdom of our Lord Jesus (Col. 1:13).
V - (Vs. 13) HE IS WORTHY OT ALL PRAISE IN HEAVEN AND EARTH.
2. "THE EARTH BREAK FORTH INTO SINGING." This is the believers on earth. All men OUGHT to praise the Lord, but they will not. His people will continually praise Him; and if they did not, the stones would (Lk. 19:38-40).
3. What is the CAUSE of such praise and rejoicing? Here it is! "THE LORD JESUS HATH COMFORTED HIS PEOPLE (Isa. 40:1-2) AND WILL HAVE MERCY UPON HIS AFFLICTED PEOPLE."
2. But the Lord assured us of His infinite, everlasting, and unchanging love FOREVER! Can a woman forget the child of her womb? Yes! some do! "YET I WILL NOT FORGET THEE!" As the names of Israel's tribes were graven on the breastplate of Aaron, the High Priest (Exo. 29), and upon his heart, our names are on the heart and hands of our Great High Priest--the Lord Jesus! The walls of His church (the living temple) are continually before Him.